S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Alright guys I’m sure this has been posted before but hear me out. I trying to pull out the transmission in my 93 4.3 5 speed s10. Transmission 8681129. I’ve removed all the wiring and lines from it, bottom plate, slave cylinder, starter, drive shaft, the top part of the shifter two top bolt and the four side bolts. it’s not budging. I’ve take a crowbar, 2x4, litfed it up shook it left right up down and all away around The **** ain’t budging off that block. Is there anything I could possibly be missing? I’m about take a grinder and drill to the engine pins because that the only thing I can think of that’s stopping it from sliding off. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Make DOUBLE sure you have all the bellhousing bolts out. Sometimes they get stuck on the dowel pins but should break free...... I feel there is a bolt or 2 still attatched.

·
Registered
‘95 LS 2.2L Manual
47 Posts
How many bolts have you removed? This drawing should be accurate. It shows 11 holes, but, the one with the arrow MAY only have a dowel in it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So as far as bolts that run through the bell housing I’ve removed six, plus the umpteen small one that we’re holding the dust plate on. The location the arrow is pointing to is in fact a fowl pin, and there’s another pin on the opposite side in the same location. Other than that I’ve traced my hand around it several times and have found nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright guys I’m sure this has been posted before but hear me out. I trying to pull out the transmission in my 93 4.3 5 speed s10. Transmission 8681129. I’ve removed all the wiring and lines from it, bottom plate, slave cylinder, starter, drive shaft, the top part of the shifter two top bolt and the four side bolts. it’s not budging. I’ve take a crowbar, 2x4, litfed it up shook it left right up down and all away around The **** ain’t budging off that block. Is there anything I could possibly be missing? I’m about take a grinder and drill to the engine pins because that the only thing I can think of that’s stopping it from sliding off. Thanks in advanced
Loosen the body bolts and jack up the body about 2 in. The fuel lines will also be a problem take them loose at the top of the motor and try not to bend the lines because they are harder to line up if you bend them. There are also 2 bolts at the top of the fender that bolt to the body on each side. Hope this saves you the aggravation we experienced with the Manual trans install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not really following that, the thing should at lease be giving a bit, there’s nothing other than the two pins connecting it to the block. There’s no gap whats so ever between the two I’m literally about to yank the engine and drill out the pins put the clutch in with the engine out and then drop it back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts