S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
EngerManagementMotorsport
78 Posts
the tranny cooler is located with in your existing radiator housing thus the lines that come out the tranny go into the radiator and are supposed to cool but i have had my doubts lately and i am going to be buying a aftermarket cooler cause every transmission i have had has overheated due to lack of cooling !

·
Fear My Stupidity
1,293 Posts
I recently went with an aftermarket cooler, be sure to run it in series with what is already there, don't bypass it... I have mine after coming back out of the radiator...

I will try to get some pics today.

·
EngerManagementMotorsport
78 Posts
im not following u ?? did u make like a T fitting going on the 2 hardlines comming off the transmission?? why did u keep it going into the radiator as well i would of just thought that u plug the holes that were in the radiator for the tranny lines and just re route the cooler lines so that they just gointo the cooler.. but anyways i got my tranny torn down right now everything is out of the case except the stupid rear shaft that is a lil difficult to remove! since when i dropped the tranny out i took the pan off and metal shavings burnt smell of fluid eww.... i have cleaned it up alot .. wondering where the metal came from but i think i might have found out where it grinded off of ill have to take some pics later

·
Fear My Stupidity
1,293 Posts
greens10trbo98 said:
im not following u ?? did u make like a T fitting going on the 2 hardlines comming off the transmission?? why did u keep it going into the radiator as well i would of just thought that u plug the holes that were in the radiator for the tranny lines and just re route the cooler lines so that they just gointo the cooler.. but anyways i got my tranny torn down right now everything is out of the case except the stupid rear shaft that is a lil difficult to remove! since when i dropped the tranny out i took the pan off and metal shavings burnt smell of fluid eww.... i have cleaned it up alot .. wondering where the metal came from but i think i might have found out where it grinded off of ill have to take some pics later
that is what the cooler package said to do plus that is what a mechanic buddy of my dad said to make sure and do...

no special T fitting involved, just find the hose coming out of the radiator, and have that run into the cooler instead of back to the transmission. The exit side of the cooler then goes to the transmission. It will be in series after the existing type of cooling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts