S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about the Transmission Bolt pattern between 4 cyl and 2.8L v6: Is the pattern for bolting up the transmission different between the 2.8L V6 and the 4 Cyl? I know that the 2.8L and the 4.3L have a different pattern.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I other words is the 4cyl bolt pattern the same as the 60 Deg V6 (2.8L) or the 90 Deg V6 (4.3L). Any body know this for sure??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Depends which 4 banger you are talking about. If you are talking about the 2.5 Tech 4 that came in the 1st gens, the trans is the same pattern as a 2.8. If you are talking about the newer 2.2 transmissions, they have the same bolt pattern as the 4.3 and V8's. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
proflo'dS10 said:
Depends which 4 banger you are talking about. If you are talking about the 2.5 Tech 4 that came in the 1st gens, the trans is the same pattern as a 2.8. If you are talking about the newer 2.2 transmissions, they have the same bolt pattern as the 4.3 and V8's. Hope this helps.

Sweet i always wondered about that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
proflo'dS10 said:
Thanks - that is exactly what we were trying to find out!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts