S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I was on here not too long ago talking about my manual swap plan. I finally found a really good truck that would allow me to take everything from it and swap it onto mine. Driveshaft length, ecu, transmission, everything.
I know the bellhousing from the 2.2 won’t match up to my 4.3, but is it removable so I could buy a conversion bellhousing? Also ive heard that the 2.2 nv3500 was built weaker than the 4.3 version. Is that true? Why would they make the same transmission but one version weaker and the other stronger? I know it would be for towing and what not but I’m hoping I could take this one out of the 2.2 and put in behind my 4.3
Any help would be very appreciated!

(forgot to mention, this truck I’d be buying comes without an engine, and it’s only $700!)

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
1,345 Posts

·
time to get cereal
5,098 Posts
The 2.2L doesn't use an NV3500, it uses an NV1500. It doesn't have a removable bell housing either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah rip. Well I guess I’ll keep searching for an extended cab 4.3 with a manual trans😂 might be a while

1 - 4 of 4 Posts