S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i bought a four wheel drive actuator which ill replace later. but there is a plug that screws in above the electric motor that has a nipple on the inside of the transfer case and three looks like vacuum line going to the front of the truck. when i took it out however i had an oil like fluid coming out of the lines. so i need some kind of diagram telling me where these lines go to and telling me what that nipple is. im guessing its an oil injector so oil can reach the upper moving parts of the t-case. im new to 4x4's and the zr2 too so once again guys thanks for the help in advanced. Hit me with some knowledge.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
528 Posts
That is the vacuum actuator switch. If there is fluid in the hoses the switch is bad and needs replaced. One line goes up to the left front firewall area to supply the vacuum. One line will go up to the passenger front fender under the battery tray to activate the front differential. The last one is the vent tube.

·
Been there Done it
9,214 Posts
Be sure to replace the switch with a new style blue stripe GM one. Dorman as carried by most parts houses are poorly built and don't fit right. The hoses will keep falling off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts