S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help i need to know what adapter to use to get a th350 out of a 72' 4x4 blazer to work with my NP207. The output shaft on the th350 right now protrudes about 3/4 to 1inch from the back of the tranny. Also what items might i need to get my 4x4 shifter working with the new trannny and adapter.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Unless something is different from the other swaps I have done, the only adapter you will need is a gasket to go between the trans and transfer case. It should bolt right up. If not, just buy a 4x4 700R4 and thank me later.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason i am using a th350 is i rarely drive on the highway and i didn't need to pay for it but my other question is where do i hook up the 4x4 shifter with the th350 installed. My shifter is currently bolted to the adapter which is inbetween the t-case and the manual tranny itself. So i guess my question is where does the shifter bolt to since you said i didn't need an adapter plate just a gasket.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I guess just make a bracket. Do some checking and make sure what I said was right. I don't have a shifter on either of my "4x4's" because they are both full time all wheel drive. Hey, want to buy an all wheel drive system for your truck? That'd be way sweet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i need one more adapter dont i. since i currently have a 4spd manual is that t-case adapter going to bolt to this 700r4 from a 84 suburban 4x4. are the manual and automatic t-case adapters the same.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you also know the GM part number for the adapter housing and shifter bracket. thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts