• From behind the block to the radiator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Splice the line

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing metal trans lines in an 04 blazer trans is out of it old line are out and i cant figure out how to route these lines. The front bumper is off so i tried running them Through there and turing them into position, tried going through the engine bay near the radiator also tried feeding them from the rear and got no place, im close to splicing the line flaring the cut ends of the pieces im keeping and running rubber line. Anyone ran these lines without cutting?

· Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Fish the lines to the front, I personally do not use the cooler in the radiator. My preference is to run a large external cooler. If the trans cooler portion in the radiator cracks you can and will get coolant mixed into your trans fluid and that is generally DEATH to a transmission.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the spot were they bolt in and everything figured out, i seem to be having trouble orienting the lines right. When i start i start the transmission end under the hoses and stuff for the radiator?

· Banned
985 Posts
maybe go to the junkyard and take a lookie-loo if no one here has pics

Fish the lines to the front, I personally do not use the cooler in the radiator. My preference is to run a large external cooler. If the trans cooler portion in the radiator cracks you can and will get coolant mixed into your trans fluid and that is generally DEATH to a transmission.
i agree, better off separating them.

· Been there Done it
16,225 Posts
Might go in easier if you take both the battery cables off completely and the lower radiator hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts