S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if a 5 speed trans from a 2000 S10 with a 2.2 will fit a 96 S10 with a 2.2?

Does anyone have a 2.2, 5 speed for a 96 that they want to sell? for a fair price? It's a father/son project with a son buget.

BTW:

Looks to be a great forum here, we are new here. We have already gotten some good info. His truck is a 96 reg cab basic truck and lowered. It's his first vehicle, and his first wrenching experiance. He's getting broken in with a trans and clutch job. Some day it might get a Small block and a turbo 350 trans. Wishfull thinking!!

:headbang:

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I think the 2000 transmission will work in your 96, as far as I know 96+ all used the nv1500 for the 2.2, they may have made some internal improvements along the way, but the size and gearing I am guessing will all be the same so you should be able to swap it right in. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
the clutch acctuator might have changed at the transmission as it has changed several times and you may need that form the later model tranny and should be able to pumb it

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
96 is when they switched to a different clutch actuator, I think it will be good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts