S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I need some tranny removal tips. Truck is a 84 Blazer 4x4. I can't reach the top two tranny to engine bolts. I wanna know if its possible to pull the tranny and engine at the same time. Any tips are appreciated guys.

Stef

·
Registered
25 Posts
use a long extenstion w/ an deep inpact swival socket. pulling the motor to get the trans out sounds like alot more work then is nessesary.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
take off all your bodymounts and lift the body a inch or two.:thumbup: works great!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rare_form said:
use a long extenstion w/ an deep inpact swival socket. pulling the motor to get the trans out sounds like alot more work then is nessesary.
I agree, but the motor was coming out anyway.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
how would you guys be planning on doing that?

theres a lot of crap in the way with 4x4, hell we had a tough time just getting the oil pan to cleart the crossmember

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
When i yanked mine i had the rad rib out the transfer case off and the body lifted 4" and i still messed up my heaterbox cover. but it came out!

·
Registered
25 Posts
removing the front clip helps alot and saves the panales from a new spray job. ive helped afreind do this but i think he had a bodylift at the time we pulled it ....but im not sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts