S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 2.2 is making noise at higher RPM and I dont know if its an engine or clutch problem. I notice a slight power loss from this too. I have a cracked header (the header is making a noise too, but its a different one) and I have had this problem since I tried JB weld on the header and it didnt work. Could it be that the header is getting worse causeing this or could the JB weld have broken off and gotten in the cat (I didnt use very much of it). I dont know if this could be a tranny or cluth problem either, guess its a possibility.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
IT really isn't gonna matter cause you can't take your truck to jail with you! j/k

We need more information.....try duplicating the problem sitting in the driveway....rev the engine to where you noticed it on the road and if the noise isn't there we can probably rule out the engine.

If no noise in when you do this, put the truck on jack stands so hte read wheels are off the ground, see if it makes the sound, have a friend listen for the sound from outside the cab but don't let him in front of or under the truck while it is started (safety first!)

Then let us know what you find!

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im kind of worried that if I rev it like that to try to find the problem I could damage something, is that likely. Not knowing what the prob is I cant say if it would.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
You might damage it...but how you ever gonna find out the problem if you don't?

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its my clutch. whats happening is that when I accelorate it gets about halfway through each gear and then just stops acceloating, but the engine is reving. I think the clutch is slipping. Is that probably it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts