S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i need help making up my mind.I have a 700 r4 and a 350 turbo and need to know what one you all would put in,i have 373 gears help a brother out!!! o ya it will be on a 355.

·
M.F.K.-No 1 rides 4 free
334 Posts
depends on what you want to do with the truck. if its a daily i would use the 700R4. if its gonna be more for the track i would use the TH350.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what Im looking at is I don't want my RPMs to be to high. Im looking at what they may be at when im at say 65mph

·
M.F.K.-No 1 rides 4 free
334 Posts
with 373 gears and the TH350 its gonna suck gas on the interstate. if its not going to be just for the track then i would use the 700 because of the overdrive. you can build them up just as strong as a 350 also. but one of my buddys had 373s th350 with some 26 inch tires and it turned 3000-3500 rpm at 70mph. i dont know how much of a difference 5mph would make but thats pretty high considering gas is so high now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this truck wont see the interstate the highest speed limit around my town is 55 or well 60 but thats it.I should be ok but please guys keep layin out some of your thoughts

·
Registered
658 Posts
What I would suggest you do is borrow a friends car or truck that has a OD trans, Drive it around for about an hour. then take the car out of OD and put it in D or 3. drive it like that for about another hour, and you will be able to see the basic difference.

·
M.F.K.-No 1 rides 4 free
334 Posts
considerable difference

·
No more blazer
1,235 Posts
mysticknight72 on here has a v8'ed blazer with a 2200 stall or 2800 i forget. just running a tourqe cam nothing too crazy and a nice intake and its a 700 that has been built up. billet servo, redline clutches. trans runs strong as shit and still has the overdrive to take it to 70-80 on the freeway without too high r's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts