S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... question... i have a 1998 chevy s-10 zq8 with a 2.2L 4 banger 5 speed manual... a while back, when i would take off, i would get a sharp 'clink' noise when i'd take off in first gear. well now, i get that sound a lot more often (shifting into other gears, etc) and now it's combined with a squealing, kinda' metal vs. metal sound... well it doesn't sound like a good thing and it's definately not normal... at first i thought it was my clutch, but now it's sounding like maybe the driveshaft or the transmission. anybody ever have this problem or have any idea on what this could be? please help me out. thank you!!
:dunno:

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay. that's what i've gathered also from browsing all these posts. thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My throwout bearing went out before school today, when it goes out, IT GOES OUT, and your truck wont be able to hardly move without you about to cry because of the metel vs. metal grinding sound, it sounds to me like your u-joint is shot, i had to replace mine recently also... Check those out, and replace them, they have lifetime warranty's on them a lot, so it would be worth it just replacing those, and then not having to worry about it for the life of the truck..... Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts