S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal, im running my hornblasters kit threw 2 different valves, the bigger horns on one and the smaller 2 horns on the other so i can have 2 different tones. anyways im running either 1/2 or 3/4 in. valves and lines. i was wondering if anybody had done both and seen a difference in sound. if they 3/4 doesnt improve the horns im gunna just go with 1/2 sense i have fittings and stuff already.

any advice would be good, also i was thinking about using this valve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GC-Xtreme-3-4-250-psi-valve-for-air-ride-suspension_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42609QQitemZ8058607453QQrdZ1

but idk if GC is a good brand, never tried them.

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
97bagdS10 said:
ok heres the deal, im running my hornblasters kit threw 2 different valves, the bigger horns on one and the smaller 2 horns on the other so i can have 2 different tones. anyways im running either 1/2 or 3/4 in. valves and lines. i was wondering if anybody had done both and seen a difference in sound. if they 3/4 doesnt improve the horns im gunna just go with 1/2 sense i have fittings and stuff already.

any advice would be good, also i was thinking about using this valve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GC-Xtreme-3-4-250-psi-valve-for-air-ride-suspension_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42609QQitemZ8058607453QQrdZ1

but idk if GC is a good brand, never tried them.
gc is an ok valve, ive heard of some people have problems, others swear by them. Anyways, you shouldnt be able to notice a diffrence. The horns only pass a certain amount of air with time (cfm rate).

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i didnt know what the CFM rating was on them. probably just run the 1/2 and regulate it down sense ill have about 250 psi in it

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I think the flow rate on the 4 horns combined is slower than that of any 3/8" or larger valve, so I don't really think you're doing anything other than wasting money. If it wasn't, then you would hear a definate change in horn pitch due to the pressure drop. If the horns consume, let just say for grins, a total of 20cfm, and anything larger than a 3/8" valve flows at least 160cfm at 125psi, then regardless of the size valve you use, the horns will still only consume 20cfm at 125psi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts