S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Trailmaster 5" lift and I read that you need an exhaust mod with the 4.3. I have an aftermarket 40 series 3" inlet and 2.5" dual exhaust set up right now on my truck. Does this mean I would also need a mod? Should I start looking for a 6" SL instead? Thanks.

·
Slap my meat on your pita
8,100 Posts
what they probably mean in your gonna hafto take it to an exhast shop to mod te exhuast pipe coing from your driver side manifold so it clears the front DS. at least thats what i had to have done on mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got the 5" BDS kit and the instructions said I would have to modify the exhaust crossover line to allow proper fitment of the front driveshaft but for whatever reason it fit fine. Either way its not that bad to modify that line to fit.

·
Slap my meat on your pita
8,100 Posts
it was my frineds shop that did my exhuast, but i cant see it costin more than 75 bucks for the job

·
'96 Sonoma 4x4,4.3
62 Posts
I have the same kit and it was the crossover that had to be cut out to lower some stuff, then it was rewelded back in.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Search funtion ownz

I was gonna post a question about the exhaust mod discussed in the installation instructions of each lift kit but now I dont have to.

well my fat bonus has been slowly depleting to the point where the TM5 kit is looking much more tempting at only $1100 compared to the SL6 at nearly twice as much. hopefully soon i wont be the only poster on this thread with stock suspension.

so TM5 guys, are you happy with the performance both on and off road with your lifts?

·
Registered dumbass
2,225 Posts
Yeah, I havent beat on it much at all, but the little goofing I did to I was really happy with it. Its mainly the limited slip that made it really good though. I am still selling the TM lift for near half price of what I bought it so, let me know haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts