S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
92 4x4 rust bucket
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used one of these kits? how much did you pay for it? i am looking to lift my 99 s10 4-5" and need to know the cheapest kit that anyone can find

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've used one. Paid around 2000cdn for it from National 4WD

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
im not bashing you, or anyone with an IFS lift, but for the price of the IFS lift, finding a shop i trust to install it, and paying for it to be installed, id pay the *tiny* difference and have a solid front axle put in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I knew then, what I do now..... Yeah I agree, if you really want to wheel your rig SFA is the way to go.

·
drink double,sleep triple
58 Posts
plus its about a 20 hr install for the Trailmaster so yeah go straight axle if youre gonna do it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well it all depends what you want to do with your rig. A SAS is not for everyones needs. The IFS lift can be ok, its all about what you are looking to have for an end result and what kind of wheeling you do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well a big thing is what size of tires do you want to run? A 5" suspension lift will let you run about a 32" tire. I would suggest researching the subject of IFS and SFA and deciding what would be right for you. There was is a good thread here about SFA vs. IFS. Check that out and some other good sites for S-10's that I would suggest are www.zr2.com
www.s104x4.com
www.s10extremist.org
I'm sure MuddyS10 will bring up some good points for the SFA.

·
Got Mud???
161 Posts
Just be sure to filter out the people that haven't even done a SAS!!! Listen to the people that HAVE done it. Just my .02

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
lol..i havent done a SAS yet, but im starting to gather my info for when i do. for heavy mudding, IMO, if you want to run bigger tires, go with a SFA. you can run bigger tires with less worries about breaking something. also, you can get a locker for the SFA, and ive yet to see a custom-designed, or any locker, for the S-10 IFS system. however, if you want more of a stock appearance and semi-stock ride (compared to a solid front axle) id stick with IFS. also, something to consider is how much you go offroading. if its only 5-6 times a year, spending the money on a SAS simply isnt worth it, unless you have money laying around thats not being used.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
sfa is the way to go, but you can wheel through a lot more stuff with an IFS lift. either way you go its gonna be better than stock, so its your decision (or your wallets?)

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have hardy any car skills other than oil change, minor body work, and car audio, so doing a SFA swap myself is out of the question. any idea what a shop would charge for such an undertaking?

·
Muddnin n bumbin
68 Posts
i have the 5in tm lift with a 2in body lift and 33s. I go threw balljoint's cv axles idler arm and pitman arm about once a year. Spent 2200 on lift and superlift control arms installed and fabritech makes a 4 link col over sfa kit for 2200 + the cost of a cherokee axle (about 200) In my opinion wheteher you wheel hard core or not, if you want a lift go with the SFA!! In the end it will be well worth it. I would assume it would be about the same installation cost for the fabritech kit or a ifs kit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts