S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if it would be alright and able to get some lift out of some air shocks? Just keep my traditional suspension and replace the shocks on my 96' Dime and run lines, compressor, tank, etc. and shoudn't I get some lift out of this? How much do you think I could get total. The truck is already pretty low (6" drop front and back) and just wanted to be able to lift the truck up a bit more...to avoid catching things in front of the truck and scraping on driveways, dead animals in the road. Not going for insane lift, just something that works enough to do the above.

Good...Bad...Ugly?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
The answer is yes, but only in the rear. If you are already dropped, adding airshocks will be able to do what you want them to do.

X

·
0 Posts
can you buy monoleafs some where? i need some or how do i do it?.............sorry to whore maxwolf
xtreme

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
take out all ur leafsprings except ur longest one = monoleaf

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
yea I used to have a monoleaf, 4" block, no notch and had a small compressor and guage in the cab. I could raise and lower it pretty slow compared to today's standards. But I got about 5"to6" lift out of it. Used to get crazy looks from people at stoplights where I live about 4 yrs. ago.

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
yeh

actully i lied.. im only 14 until january 1st.. lol but yeh i know my shit.. i monoleaf.. blocked.. and did more shit to my truck than i can name.. hehe// i just got a love for minitruckin

MX_Racer32 said:
haha hey your pretty swift for a 15 year old....lmao

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Just remember..monoleafing isn't for a long time thing. It should only be temp solution until the 'job' can be done right. You should also leave the overload leaf (very bottom one) in for support since it isn't supposed to be removed from the vehicle.

And yeah, airshocks will do you fine but the amount you spend, why not just save up a few dollars more and get a full airset up for the rear and then get one for the front?? Or just save up enough for the whole thing? If you plan on doing air in the future, there's no point in wasting money on stuff you wont use later on.

Nate

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
i plan on useing my airshocks to raise the bed off my truck up dumptruk style

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I got some airshocks that I don't use. It doesn't have the airline, fittings, or the valve for it though. Not sure where u would get it but they were only on the truck for maybe 7 months.

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet, cheap and effective way to put the rear end on bags. Why don't more people start off this way and work their way up to the other stuff?

Jeez. I could have done this ages ago. Always wanted to bag the whole truck. If you can get 6in of lift from just shocks? Holly jesus! Could bag my truck with nitrus and be hoppin 6 months ago :p

Don't know if I am the only one that is really excited about this. Maybe it's just me and the whole "Wow, the village idiot finally figured it out, huh?", "Looks like you owe me 'tre 'fty ($3.50).

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also, with Jason's compressor kit what kind of pressure switch should I get for that 5 gallon tank?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts