S-10 Forum banner

Traction Help

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  98 SS ON NOS 
THE XTREME HAS 180 HP like the ss s10. only the blazers 2wd and 4 wd are the 190 hp ones. they come with a 2 1/4 y pipe not 1 7/8 or 1 5/8 like the s10 trucks.

as for the wheelhop issue. the 3rd shock is worth getting. if you have the bracket on the axle then get it.

part number for the bracket to the frame is 15996718 list price is 42.75. part number for the shock is 22064821. list price for that is 184 bucks.

gmpartsdirect.com
27.14 for the bracket and 117.01 for the shock.

im sure for the shock you can get a shock like doetsch tech or toxic one that has high pressure and put it in there. its a short shock though so most likly you have to measure how many inces from center to center when your truck is resting on the ground. from the brackets.

FOR EXAMPLE lets say is 13 inches. because i know it looks like 10. well measUre it call doetsch tech tell them its 13 inches from center to center so they will make you a short shock to fit in there. ie if its 13 inches in legth that means the shock has to has to be 13 inches fully extended so when pressure applys goes to 12 at most. i fyou look at the hop shock there is no real movement in it. on mine it solid as hell. then again i have a 7 inch drop lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.