S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
She's in need!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got Lakewood s10 specific traction bars from summit the other day and when reading the installation sheet, it said that I shouldn't use air shocks because they may cause shock or shock mount damage. Is anyone running air shocks with traction bars anyway. And if you are, are you having any problems. Also if I have to get new shocks should I go with toxic or nitro-drop shocks?

How do you tell how much your truck is lowered. I have a 4in block in the back and removed a leaf-spring, but up front I have no idea because a garage did it for me and I never asked what it was. Is there anyway to tell by measuring or something? Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Maybe they're talking about using air shocks to raise the ride height? That could damage the shock mounts. Call summit and ask.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
If you get different shocks definately go with the Belltech Nitro Drops. They are more expensive, but they are alot better. Give you a smoother ride, come completely assembled, and the paint lasts longer. I got the toxic drop shocks and after a few months the white paint started coming off and they all started rusting. Also they were rough as hell compared to my buddy's Belltechs.

As for the lowering question, if you lowered it 4" in the back and your truck sits pretty level then I'd be willing to bet that they lowered the front 3". You could measure, but I'm not sure of the stock ride height on the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts