S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sparks Light Up My World
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering how you would set up the throttle position sensor? it runs, but at idle, it runs kinda rough, then the computer speeds up. how do i set it?

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
You don't unless you reprogram the prom.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
im just wondering how you would set up the throttle position sensor? it runs, but at idle, it runs kinda rough, then the computer speeds up. how do i set it?
.480v at throttle closed and 4.80v WOT. backprobe the signal wire on the connector of the tps to check the reading. you shouldnt have to adjust the tps but in some cases ive actually had to adjust mine.

·
Sparks Light Up My World
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.480v at throttle closed and 4.80v WOT. backprobe the signal wire on the connector of the tps to check the reading. you shouldnt have to adjust the tps but in some cases ive actually had to adjust mine.
what wires are they? in the tps? there is 3 or 4 of them? also, what is WOT?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
what wires are they? in the tps? there is 3 or 4 of them? also, what is WOT?
WOT=wide open throttle. 3-wires; one is supplied voltage(pink with black stripe), ground(black wire) and the signal wire(usually blue). take your positive lead from your voltmeter and stick it in the signal wire connection where the wires terminate(enter) the back of the connector. take your black lead and ground it. you are looking for potential difference(voltage) across the sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts