S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
23,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People never cease to amaze me. My son went to the store for TP, they had quite a bit and were limiting it to 1 pkg per customer. He put one pkg in his cart and continued shopping. He turned away and someone took the tp out of his cart...the store had a bunch of it...what a bunch of tools.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
It is crazy!! We had done our shopping before all this got bad last week. Wife is a 2nd grade teacher and has been doing her lessons and getting our boys through their work. On Wednesday, so many people were trying to use the school program that it just wouldn't work.

·
Been there Done it
8,187 Posts
Somebody explain to me why a person needs 144 rolls of TP to get thru 2 weeks.
Must just be human nature to want a clean butt when you might have to kiss it good bye.
Don't forget to change your will so the lawyer knows who gets all the extra TP.
Maybe we should change the old saying,
Eat, wipe, drink, wipe, be merry, wipe for tomorrow we die.
Saw a guy at the grocery store that had a cart full of 30 packs of beer. He knows how to shelter in place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Somebody explain to me why a person needs 144 rolls of TP to get thru 2 weeks.
Must just be human nature to want a clean butt when you might have to kiss it good bye.
Don't forget to change your will so the lawyer knows who gets all the extra TP.
Maybe we should change the old saying,
Eat, wipe, drink, wipe, be merry, wipe for tomorrow we die.
Saw a guy at the grocery store that had a cart full of 30 packs of beer. He knows how to shelter in place.
For tomorrow we die wiping...

·
Early Member
3,123 Posts
Want to know how stupid people are? Get a job at Home Depot.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
People never cease to amaze me. My son went to the store for TP, they had quite a bit and were limiting it to 1 pkg per customer. He put one pkg in his cart and continued shopping. He turned away and someone took the tp out of his cart...the store had a bunch of it...what a bunch of tools.
😖

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Want to know how stupid people are? Get a job at Home Depot.
Are you talking about your coworkers? Most times when I have a question no one has an answer! 🥴

·
Administrator
23,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you talking about your coworkers? Most times when I have a question no one has an answer! 🥴
Depends on who you get. There's a guy in the electrical department that really knows his stuff in the HD near me.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
I have a little better luck at Lowes, but just a little.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
The saying around these parts is....Lowe's blows.
It probably varies depending on local management. Lowes bought Eagle Hardware here which was much better than either HD or lowes, I really miss that store, their motto was "More of Everything" and it was very true, lots of hard to find stuff that you can't find now locally.

·
Boozebag
9,175 Posts
Ace is the place... NOT
So overpriced

A 3' x 1' piece of aluminum .025 thick - $12!!!!
Worth about $.50
You can buy every goofy arts and crafts sign ever made though...
Like "home sweet home"

39,910 Posts
The Ace around here is horrible. I'm not sure if they hire young folks that are stupid intentionally or what. That indeed seems to be the case though. I usually frequent the locally owned True Value or thus little place called Gilberts.

·
Administrator
23,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
M y local ACE is great. You can go in and give the most obscure description of what you need...no problem.

·
Old Fart
3,358 Posts
Our Ace is pretty good although prices are a little on the high side but for stainless, grade 8, and hard to find fasteners they are hard to beat and close by besides. All the old school mom and pop hardware stores are long gone around here, unfortunately.

·
time to get cereal
2,628 Posts
There's a couple of old mom and pop hardware stores that got turned into True Value's by me, but they call them Handyman True Value.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
We had a True Value and it was great. Usually had the best selection of bolts. When he caught wind of a Walmart coming to town, he closed up. There is still another local hardware store that does very well and has been around for a very long time. Our local Lowe's is better than HD.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
My quote of many years, “Destined for extinction, human kind , that is .”

1 - 20 of 26 Posts