S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I had been looking a few years for a oem rear step bumper for my 92 s10 and finding a used one in decent shape was just as hard. I took a gamble and bought a new rear step bumper for a 1999 Toyota Tacoma and when it arrived I noticed it was shaped a lot like my s10. I used my s10 brackets and drilled 2 holes on each bracket that matched Toyota bumper and Wow it worked guys and I really like it and better than the factory one. I just wanted to share this with you all .Thanks

·
time to get cereal
5,615 Posts
Looks good on there. Never seen anybody do a rear bumper, they usually go to a roll pan. Usually it's the front that gets a Toyota bumper, like this:

·
time to get cereal
5,615 Posts
Well, it's not mine. Just an example. I've got a 2001 with the Bravada front end.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
Nice bumper. At fist glance, I thought he was bragging about 43 horsepower... 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Premium Member
1985 Chevy S10 ext. cab pick up
48 Posts
I like the front bumper what year u use. what year truck I like that front grill. I want to do something like this on my 1985 S10 ext. cab pickup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SSSSWWWWEEEEEETTTT! I wonder how would that look on a Gen2 S10?
Not sure but I’m sure it would look sweet also. I kept thinking hope this works but only issue was the license plate lights. Different plugs but I did find ones just like came on the Toyota bumper that had leds built into and just plug spade ends into where previous bulbs went. I also had to trim the small ridge on the bumper pads that curved up. No problem after that. Also the Toyota bumper fit tighter under tailgate and was a big improvement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts