S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
I'll check tomorrow after work and let you know. The Toy died today (ignition modual or coil) and by the time I walked for help and towed it to work an all that jazz the last thing I felt like doing was hanging out there more and playing with stuff (since I already wasted 2 1/2 hours of my life). But when I get to work tomorrow I'll pop off my S-10 crank and give her a fit test.

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
help

how the hell do you get he windows cranks off a 2000 s 10... i have the remover tool but cant figure out how to use it.

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
i can't do it. i've tried for days now. some black plastic ring thing fell off, but its still stuck on there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
lite stab, it's held on by a cotter pin. push the door in as far as possible.turn the crank n look behind the crank there's a black ring around it push that towards the door. use the tool if u have it, but i used a small flathead and needle nose. push off the pin on both sides, it might fly off or you may need to grab it with a needle nose.took me a good couple of hours. got them off like 4 mnths ago. not gonna put them back till i know there's no reason i would ever have to take off the door.

good luck, hope it helps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
don't see how a rag would take out a cotter pin... just glad mine are off

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
obscenity's_ride said:
don't see how a rag would take out a cotter pin... just glad mine are off
It's NOT a cotter pin, It's a C clip and a rag works great. The stupid tool is useless. Slip a rag between the black plastic piece and the handle itself and work it around until it snags the clip and it pops off. I've done it several times on my trucks.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Zeeke98 said:
It's NOT a cotter pin, It's a C clip and a rag works great. The stupid tool is useless. Slip a rag between the black plastic piece and the handle itself and work it around until it snags the clip and it pops off. I've done it several times on my trucks.

Ive done it before, it works, the rag grabs one of the ends of the C plamp and pops it right off..That tool is a waste of money..

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
A thin rag works best. An old ripped piece of T shirt works very well. Just wrap it around and pull on one side then the other and work it around till the clip pops off. If you're lucky it'll stick in the shirt or fall into the pocket on the door(my trucks are 98's can't remember what the bottom looks like on previous years) instead of flying off somewhere you'll never find it again. When you put the crank back on slip the clip onto the handle first and then line it up where you want it and push it on. Don't forget the black plastic bushing piece first(part that sticks out goes towards the door panel.

·
StraightEdge
503 Posts
i have the tool...and i can pull the cranks off w/ my eyes closed.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts