S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I tried to buy one from advance the other night they dont even list it.
I went to Autozone and they ordered one for me. The book called it a rear bar mount, but there computer called it a strut bearing.
there part #SM7043 $14.99 I find out monday if it's the correct part, If it isnt I'll post a reply.
I shouldnt have any trouble changing mine with my 3 inch body lift.
I've heard the passenger side is a pain, Because one of the bolts has to be cut off to remove it.

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
SM7043 is the correct part number for Autozone.
I recieved a torsion bar mount with a short stud for $14.99 speical order, the box is marked strut. made in india, I should have got it from the dealer. At least they would have known what it is and what it's for, and maybe even made in America. there's always next time!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would rather have spent my money on an american part, rather then supporting a towel head that might be terrorist.
I get a discount on GM parts, I could can get the GM part for around $19.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
well your either supporting towell heads or chinese kids when you buy american parts, so take your pic. the real money goes to the american based corporation, your not really suporting the foreigners cuz they probly get paid in cold bacon once a week. i bought a set of motor mounts from a local auto parts store (2 front mounts) made by DOAN and they were same part # & same exact part, but one was made in india and one was made in taiwan. go figure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts