S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I fianly spent the money to drop my truck, Hotchkis leafs, Ground Force coils, Spindles, and Edelbrock shock all the way around. I already have the coils and the rest should arriving before the weekend. I would like to put it all in on saturday. What I need from you guys is Torque specs! Any help would be apreciated!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Leafs ends: 89 ft/lbs (torque last after it's sitting the ground to avoid binding)
U-bolts: round robin to 24 then to 73 ft/lbs
shocks upper: 18 ft/lbs
shocks lower: 63 ft/lbs
sway bar U-bolts: 48 ft/lbs

Hopefully this isn't too late. I just put on my Hotchkis leafs and Edelbrock IAS shocks tonight. Still have the front shocks to do but the job was fairly easy except for that **** bolt by the gas tank.

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot man, no, its not too late, I kinda wish it was! **** UPS man didnt make it to my house before the weekend! all I have in my posetion right now are the coils. Let me know how your truck handles, and if the shocks were worth the money!!!!Thanks agian!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Except for the front driver's side leaf spring bolt, it was a fairly straight forward job. Good thing I went to the junkyard and got an extra bolt before I started because I ended up cutting it off to get the driver's side leaf spring off.

I used Edelbrock IAS #33011 ZQ8 replacement shocks in the front to use with my existing Hotchkis 2" coils and #34988 IAS shocks (for 3-4" lowered applications) in the back with new Hotchkis leafs and 1" Belltech blocks. I had to remove the rear sway bar to get the shocks off but that wasn't a big deal.

It now sits (with 3/4 tank of gas):

Front drivers side: 26-1/2"
Front pass side: 26-7/8"
Rear drivers side: 26-5/8"
Rear pass side: 26-5/8"

The Hotchkis leafs are noticeably stiffer than the ZQ8 springs so I'm glad I got these shocks. The IAS shocks are equivelant performance wise to the deCarbon ones but ride smoother around town. In the corners it drives on rails and I'm really happy with the setup.

I just wish my Prothane sway bar bushings came in time. Those should arrive Tuesday.

Good luck with the install.

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, still waitin on the leafs tho :cry: but I did get my spindles and rear shocks today. Fronts were on backorder for like a month! I'll let ya know how I make out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts