S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, Im not really sure what it could be but my truck is revving 2400rpms going 95K down the highway while my mothers sonoma does 1800-2100 at 100-115K, would this be my torque converter not locking up or overdrive not kicking in or maybe both? my mpgs are really suffering from this, also my rpms jump with the smallest movement of the gas pedal which is why i think that its the torque converter but the torque converter when it locks up on my mothers sonoma drops it like 200rpms I have an scanner obd2 scanner coming in the mail but what do you guys think about this?

·
Administrator
22,387 Posts
I had that problem on an '85 Blazer. Turned out to be a bad brake light switch. It controls the unlocking of the TC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had that problem on an '85 Blazer. Turned out to be a bad brake light switch. It controls the unlocking of the TC.
The torque converter seems to lock when I let off the gas because my rpms drop a bunch, is that a part of it too? Also I have to shut all the lights off when I shut off my truck because the headlights and the taillights stay on, would that also be a part of the sensor?

·
Administrator
22,387 Posts
If you let off the gas, your rpm's have nowhere to go but down. Not sure your lighting is misbehaving. The brake light switch is kind of a multi-function switch...it multi tasks. What year is your truck?

Sorry...I don't do KPH...most of us Yanks don't...lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you let off the gas, your rpm's have nowhere to go but down. Not sure your lighting is misbehaving. The brake light switch is kind of a multi-function switch...it multi tasks. What year is your truck?

Sorry...I don't do KPH...most of us Yanks don't...lol
96 extended cab with a 4.3, I love my truck to death

·
Administrator
22,387 Posts
As far as your lights go...'96 didn't have auto headlights. If it's dark out, you have to turn them on....then turn them off. The DRL's are the exception. They come on when you release the parking brake...turn off when you apply parking brake, or shut the engine off. You can defeat the DRL's if you pull fuse 15...unless you have fog lights. They work off fuse 15 also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts