S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Red Xtreme, sportside, black stripe package, 4.3 auto w/3.42 rear end posi, 2.5" drop in the front and 3" in the rear. What will my top speed be when I swap out my 3.42 for a 4.10? Will I make it past 110MPH?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Past 110? I would say so.... I got a ticket for doing 145 in a 70 on the Hot Rod power tour with 4.10's and a built 350. As long as the engine has pull, you should expect to be able to hit 120-130 easily as long as you have the speed limiter removed. I haven't been in a 4.3 Xtreme top end so I'm not sure what exact numbers to expect in your application.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Bo_Duke said:
I have a 2001 Red Xtreme, sportside, black stripe package, 4.3 auto w/3.42 rear end posi, 2.5" drop in the front and 3" in the rear. What will my top speed be when I swap out my 3.42 for a 4.10? Will I make it past 110MPH?
I'm running a 2000 2.2 with NOS and I was told I have 4.11 gears was I told wrong? And what will my top speed be?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
with 410 gears top speed will be 105. read on

the 4l60e tranny doesnt go into overdrive under full throtle will just tack out in 3rd. you can half throttle it and it will go into overdrivce and pull but as soon as you hit it to the fllor will try to go back into 3rd again. i found this out when i went 10 410s and when i hit nos after 95 would start to get up there.

If you are going all motor and want to run low 14s the 410s are the way to go. 2500-2600 rpm on the freeway at 65 mph but off the line a lot more get up and go

right now your top will be 118 at most

tony

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is there a way for them to prevent full throttle downshifts?? My one truck has a manual valve body 700 so it never shifts on its own, another is my Bravada with Typhoon engine and 700 and it can go full throttle and stilll allow an upshift, and the LT1 and 4L60E I am putting in my other S also allows full throttle upshifts. Couldn't they change somehting in the program to prevent this? Or is it a valve you can replace like on the 700R4's? Seems there should be a way around this. I would think if any one would know, you would.

Thanks for the info.

Ryan

·
Registered
205 Posts
And for you, Nthdegree:

If you have an auto it will be 4.10's.

If you have a manual it should be 3.73's but may be 4.10's.

Easiest way to tell is go look at all of the RPO codes on the sticker in the bottom of your glove box. If you see GT4, you have 3.73's. If you see GT5 you have 4.10's.

Go look an let us know what you have.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
special programming for the computer, but the tranny shop said that nitrous in overdrive is not all that great for the tranny, plus i didnt feel like spending the money for the programming. 410s are great if your not going nitrous or blower. will run 14s no prob

tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts