S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else out there whos curious on eliminating that cut out. I have a 01 xtreme with a 4.3l 5 speed. Heres how i got rid of it. First i spliced into the speedometer wires and ran a toggle switch inside the truck. The second thing i did was pull the ABS fuse. your ABS light will come on. youll need to reinstall this for inspection. Now when im lookin for a little more top speed i can just flip my switch, the speedometer drops to 0 and off i go. No more shuttn down at 96mph or what ever the hell it was.

P.S. Im not sure if this will work on automatics but if anyone is successfull with this on an automatic let me know.

·
#2 Post Whore
8,266 Posts
There is numerous post about just this very thing and a well laid out how to. No this will not work on the automatics because the vehicle speed sensor in the tailshaft housing sends the signal to the computer that is combined with the engine rpm reading. The computer then sends a new signal to the transmition telling it to shift. The only way to accomplish a higher max speed in the auto is to use a hypertech type tool or a complete system reflash.

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts