S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we've been wantin to race for awhile and it finally came. He's got a '91 Camaro RS 305 auto, and i got a 92 Sonoma 2.8 5spd. We raced three times. First time, i blew him away and he prolly quit about 80 and turned around after i got him. Second, we take off, he gets me off the line i catch up get him in the quarter but at about 90 he starts catching back up and gets me on top end. Third time we take off he kinda gets me off the line again and i catch back up, I say i got him in the quarter but he says he won, he did go on to get me on top end though. Anyway i'd say i won. what do you all think?

·
Registered
132 Posts
305 vs 2.8 he should have won every time that shouldn't be called a race i 'd have to see it to believe it sorry dude

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i can understand why you don't want to believe me. I have also beaten 4.3's but you prolly don't believe that either. Anyway i ask that you do believe me, i'm not a person that comes on here and posts BS stories, i hate those, you can check some of my replys to other peoples BS stories. Anyway BillyBadAss can back me up he was ridin in the car. I do have one mod that helps a lot and that is my dirtbike air filter.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
u got any track 1/4 mile times

B

·
0 Posts
ya i was riding in the camaro when they were racing the camaro would get him off the line then the 2.8 would come back and the camaro wouldn't catch back up till about 90. my truck runs a 17.6 and from how much he beates me by i would say he runs between a 16.8 to 17.2 (rough estimate). now its a little closer that i got my intake.

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully this spring i can go to the track. I currently don't have any times, like BillyBadAss said i'm thinkin low 17's high 16's.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I should hope since the track is not that far from you fockers.

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pewter01
you should come up some time so we can run em, you got a 4.3 right, i know i should be goin to the track, i will when i get a chance to

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Dude hopefully it is true but I have to say that There should have been no way you won unless his camaro is so tired it should be put to bed or, he sucks as a driver....If ya did beat him good for you....This is one of those foggy ones.....Haven't had a 2.8 modded or stock that has beat me and there have been 4 of them.

B

·
0 Posts
hes not saying he can beat any 4.3 or a moded 4.3. he is saying he raced a blazer (stock, probably had a inch of dirt on top the airfilter) and won. oh ya that rs is slow, but i've never seen a rs (without a engine swap) that was fast.

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i understand why you don't believe me, no one ever does, they think the 2.8 is so slow, i don't know, my truck is 2.8 5spd standard cab, short bed with air filter, new clutch, cheap exhaust, bosch plugs + wires, and 3.73 or 3.75 whatever it is, rear end. Thats it, i have only raced a few 4.3's beat 98 and 00 Blazers lost to a ext cab, stepside bed, 4.3 Xtreme, only raced the x once i'm hopin for another shot, but i still think i'll lose. As for the RS he says he's beaten many other RS's all he has is a flowmaster exhaust.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Billy,

Didnt say he did say he could beat any 4.3. Was just makin a statement..an IMHO ya know. If he did good for him......:thumbup:

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
an old 3rd gen RS? dude those are dogs! An RS has a 305 TBI that puts down a massive 150 hp!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
J_Rod said:
an old 3rd gen RS? dude those are dogs! An RS has a 305 TBI that puts down a massive 150 hp!
lmao!

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've always thought that 305's weren't that great either, but everyone on here seems to think they are pretty fast, a buddy of mine has an el camino with one it and i totally murder him. Oh well i'm happy with it, i gotta get some more mods so i can start consistenly beating 4.3's, thats what i'm shootin for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts