S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently checked out aim industries S-10 suspension on their website. Im a high school student so im allways lookin for stuff cheap cause im on a budget. I looked at their leaf springs and spidles and the leafs are $89 and the spindles are $79. I was wondering if anyone has any of their suspension products on their trucks and how they work out....

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Yup too good to be true.

Well, for the most part.

Although, I haven't ordered from them from what I've read their coils don't give you the proper amount of drop they claim, poor quality products and they charge a 35% restocking fee if they send you a defective or wrong part...and they tend to send you the wrong stuff a lot. Also horrible customer service.

I've heard their only good products are the spindles and the ss mirrors because they use belltechs mold for spindles and the mirrors are exact copies of the street scenes...

I'd avoid them... :shrug:
Stick with Belltech or DJM.

I'm on a budget too, I know how it feels. I'm a JR. In high school and I feel that suspension parts are things you don't really want to cheap out on...do it right and you won't have to mess with it again. I just ordered my 4/5 drop components which are all belltech except the gabriel rear air shocks...maybe a little more expensive but you get a product thats proven, trusted and well known.

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
What's your nickname on bhq? I guess the internets smaller then we think...lol or people that like certain hobbies also like other things that are similar too.

If your going to be hauling a quad in your bed, I'd look into air shocks in the back, if your going more than 3/4

There are a few of us from BHQ over here...
YFS101 is one of them....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sn - is nicksterrr on bhq, its been a while, i havent been on bhq in a long time. The air shocks for the bed is a good idea i never thought of that, not that the blaster weighs that much .....

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
True, I pretty much had to get air shocks for the back of mine..
Banshee's are pretty heavy and with a 4/5 drop I'd be hitting frame all the time with a shee in the back.

I still go to www.blasterhq.com cuz I'm an administrator.

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
they generally charge alot to ship, but the mirrors are ok they are not as high quality as others but they do fit and look good.

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
grndscrpr03 said:
Actually it's not really too good to be true. The prices are right, but the price is for one leaf spring not a pair.
The prices may be correct, and low...
But they don't give you the claimed amount of drop so its too good to be true. ;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i got my 3inch drop springs and blocks from them no problems the springs were more like 2 inch drop but its ok

the spindles are good my cousin got them and we put them on his truck i wish i would of got them

its a 50/50 chance they will screw somethin up tho and a pain to have it fix if you like to play the lottery go with them

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have aim 2 inch drop spindles, you have to grind about 1/2 inch off of the lower control arm or the pad on the back of the rotor will rub the lower control arm and you will get this terrible metal on metal "sqeaking" sound every time you turn or hit a bump. It would be alot easir to get DJM or Bell tech spindles.

·
Registered
79 Posts
im pretty sure the dust shield rubs with all drop spindles... i just threw mine out.

I bought drop spindles and 2 inch coils from AIM, im not sure how much it dropped it, but with stock tires i tuck about 1/2 inch in front.

it cost me 60 bucks to ship it all to CT

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Took mine off as well. Dustshileds were making too much noise.
If you buy from AIM only get the spindles or the mirrors.
You need cheap leafs? www.macssprings.com is the place to go and look under monthly specials.
I would highly recommend you just look through the "FOR SALE" section of the forum and get you some nice belltech coils from one of the newly bagged guys here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
heres a thought...do it a little bit at a time.....my income is tight also(college ties up all my money)....i am doing a 3/4 drop....but my first step is gonna be a 2/2.5 drop(belltech spindles and belltech 1" blocks).....cost me about $180....plus i pulled a leaf...i know a 2/2.5 drop isnt much, but its more than nothing, then over the summer, im gonna get shocks and leafs and 1" coils....that way i dont drop $500-$600 bucks all at once...just a thought

1 - 16 of 16 Posts