S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just another asshole
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i got the new arms.. and the cross shaft nuts are loose... how do you tighten these so i dont have issues.. i see that there is space between the insides of the bushings and the cross shafts, do you tighten them tight, snug, or leave them kinda loose? I'm worried if i snug these to touch (the bushings to the cross shaft ends) that the bushings will pull through again.....

·
draggin plastic
3,131 Posts
Doc said:
SO i got the new arms.. and the cross shaft nuts are loose... how do you tighten these so i dont have issues.. i see that there is space between the insides of the bushings and the cross shafts, do you tighten them tight, snug, or leave them kinda loose? I'm worried if i snug these to touch (the bushings to the cross shaft ends) that the bushings will pull through again.....
yea, i really wish they would include some kind of directions with these things. when i did mine i had asked dave and he said just snuf them down till the bushing is starting to balloon out. so far it has stayed tight and not come loose. so maybe try that.

·
Just another asshole
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... i am just tired of hearing the metal to metal noise of the washer and the arm rubbing together and dont want that to happen again..lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts