S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any “before and after” experience that indicates that a tonneau cover (hard or soft) actually improves gas mileage? If so, how much extra MPG did you get? :confused:

·
XA FOUNDER!
40 Posts
yes...

I noticed the improvement, it probably won't ever pay for it's self, but it sure helps weight the rear and create better traction, and it also gave me 10-20 miles per tank... we had this discussion on www.s-seriesforum.com and everyone decided it gave them 1-2 mpg.
J

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
also, if you have ever driven in heavy wind, you know how it hits you sideways, grabs the bed, and trys to push you in the next lane. when i put my cover on, it was reduced drastically. and better mileage..lata

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
for some reason i really never noticed a change in MPG or in traction, but for me it just looked cleaner, i have pictures of it on my computer with before and after ill post later.

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
among the many things i've done to my truck... day 1 when i rolled it out of the dealership lot, i got maybe 260 miles on a full tank... now im around 300 or so on a tank.

tonneau cover being one of the additions. definately worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts