S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any of you guys had toggle switches for your fan, fuel pump etc mounted on the dash somewhere.i was thinking of doing something like this and was looking for some ideas, how to's, even some pics.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I do, i have them for my electric fan and electric fuel pump. I have them down by the parking brake realease. U just run a 12 volt source to the switch and then run a wire to the device. I have no pics now as i am at college and my truck is at home.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have my fan, and my ignition on a toggle switch and a push button start.... have a hidden switch before the push button to keep theives confused....otherwise if they want my truck that bad good luck to them :boom:

·
Owner www.v8s10.org
33 Posts
i was thinking you could hide switches in the ash tray or use a switch from a pushbutton 4x4 truck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Push button start is a simple thing. However, you have to have something to turn on the ignition. I have my HEI and fuel pump on one switch. it is not controlled at all by the key. I may use push button starting, but for now, it is off the key..... In order for the push button starting, it is necessary to get +12 volts to the starter solenoid. On my truck, it was a purple wire. but, it is easily acessible. It goes to the small terminal on the starter..

·
Registered
58 Posts
SdimePrime said:
i have my fan, and my ignition on a toggle switch and a push button start.... have a hidden switch before the push button to keep theives confused....otherwise if they want my truck that bad good luck to them :boom:
I have an 89 S10 with a 350 c.i. engine in it too, I was wondering if you may be able to help me out on how to wire up the toggle switch? I have the pushbutton working, but the ignition system isn't. Any help would be appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts