S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now growing very unhappy with the stock clutch. Its a lil bit slippy. A few questions. First what is a good aftermarket clutch thats not gonna grab like a baby to a tit because I do like to drive without whiplash sometimes? Second is there an aftermarket flywheel? Last Does a aftermarket clutch last longer than a stock one? I get the feeling Im gonna be wearing a few out.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Hey man,

I had a centerforce stage II clutch set in my old truck and loved it! Grabbed a lot better than stock (could easily get 3rd) and it didn't take too much effort either....normal driving was easy, racing was grabby....the higher the clutch spins the harder it grabs is how the centerforce works. Now...it will wear out if you're driving it hard, but it seemed to be lasting just fine with 40,000 on it. Flywheels can be found at cavalierconnection.com

Caleb

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked adler about the flywheel and he wasnt sure if the Cavi would line up becuase of the tranny setup Do you have any experiance with the unit?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I looked up the part numbers at work for a cavvy flywheel and an S-10 flywheel and they're the same, so I would assume any aftermarket flywheel for the same year vehicle would work. I was going to order it when I got my truck back and find out the hard way.......

Caleb

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that I am not a trusting guy because you are right the numbers are the same Id rather wait untill someone else trys ya know what i mean. These are gonna be some bad 2.2's in the next couple of months. How mush do you think a stock motor can take before it goes?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I know, I'm going to put the centerforce DF clutch set and that flywheel on there as soon as I get it back so I'll let you all know.....

No idea....about the motor....cavvys have blown em at 6 Psi some have blown em at above 12 :shrug:

Caleb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts