S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: How have ya'll gone about painting the bowtie on the center caps? What kinda paint and what do ya use to do the outlining and all that sh!t? Thanx in advance. Later all. :confused:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
SHOULD scuff up the bowtie lightly with sandpaper, however, i didn't do that, and i just used regular ol' touchup paint, and used spray clear coat...

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you just use the paint with the brush or did you try to put tape around it and use the paint in the spray can?

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rmducati said:
i used the tape for mine, as far as paint goes, i like rust-oleum,
well i figured that since i already have the blue that matches i would use it....i'll prolly use something like rust-oleum to do the red outline....ya know....paint the whole bowtie red first then do the blue on the inside

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
y2k xtreme said:
SHOULD scuff up the bowtie lightly with sandpaper, however, i didn't do that, and i just used regular ol' touchup paint, and used spray clear coat...

those are some of the best that I've seen...good job A+ for you!!

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:

those are some of the best that I've seen...good job A+ for you!!
thanks...it is nice having a daily driver now..hehe..now i can do things that i wouldn't/couldn't do because it would have tied up the truck...:D:D:D:D

i took my time on those, about 3 evenings to do all four caps :eek:

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
y2k xtreme said:
oh, and it matches the front end..lol

:D:D:D
:D haha....no they don't....the center caps are painted and done.....the hood still looks the same

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
When I bought my truck there was a little touchup bottle in the glovebox, so I just used GM touchup paint that came with my truck, taped off the bowtie, taped off around the bowtie and I just painted the outline, scraped off any residue on it, then used clear coat....auto body shop clear coat I think is what was called, I used it on all my interior pieces and stuff

Caleb

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
def.......that would be my first choice if i had the money.......i would love to see one on an ext cab to see what it looks like

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:
def.......that would be my first choice if i had the money.......i would love to see one on an ext cab to see what it looks like
i MIGHT be able to arrange for a photo shoot...lol...my SS hood, on an ext cab X...lol...lemme see what i can work out

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Hey man thats good work you did, I'm think about using my touch up pain to do mine, I have the upgraded S-10 Silver 5 Star's with low pro's. With the Chrome center cap w/ the Bowtie!

if I do it i'll let you know how it came along

peace, Steve

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
hey whats up well i did the bowties on the center wheel caps. they came out really good. im trying to get the pic's on cd but having problems with the photo shop... will post for sure, when i can..

peace, steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used elmers blue school glue near the bow tien and tape on teh other ares the glue dries blue and you can use a knife to remove what you want to paint it. as far as painting i used my air brush and some model paint that was enamial based looks just a good and has clean sharp edges.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts