S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just was given an S10 pickup and it has some problems and I do not know exactly how serious the problems are and if they are fixable.

1) the inner fender wells are rusted out

2) The left, front cab mount is rotted away and needs replacing

3) the underside crossmember is rotted and so the mounts for holding the bed at one of the corners (the drivers side rear actually) can not be bolted down.

There are other things like it needs a distributor , cap, and rotor and coolant overflow resivior is not there, and suspension work but this is all minor to me. It is the 3 above things that I am not sure of.

Is #1 something that is needed?

Does the cab need to be removed to do #2

#3 I think will not be too terribly tough if I remove the bed.

How difficult of a project am I really looking at here. IS this stuff all bolt on things or am I gonna need to call my nephew who is a welder?

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's not a big deal to replace the inner fender wells, as for the cab mount, that is usually a little tougher. The cross member for the bed is easy too as long as you have access to a torch and a welder. The only thing I'd be concerned with is if one cab mount is gone, the others probably won't be too far behind.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
#3- the bed bolts to the frame so the cross member youre thinking of is part of the bed. Theyre available aftermarket. The bed is easy to pull off. 8 bolts and the filler neck and taillight wiring and its off. I swapped one on the '89 I had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts