S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a drop on their SSs that already have the 2" stock drop. I am wanting to drop mine but I dont know what drop to do where speed bumps and steep hills wont cause me to drag.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. I mentioned the Idea to my parents since they own the truck and my mom got all pissed sayin I cant drop it and all kinds of **** sayin that if I drop it I wont be able to go through snow. What I wanna know is how much snow will I be anble to go through the way it is now? No more than if I drop it, right.:rant:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Well, the question is how much snow do you have to drive through? Where you from?

SS's have ZQ8 suspension, right? That's like a 1.5 inch drop all around, plus a 2/3 would make like 3.5/4.5. I've got just a straight 2/3 and I rarely bottom out on anything. :thumbup:

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah I know a kid with a 4/5 here and he makes it over sppedbumps. Just go slow over them. I sont know about the snow thing

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, there are some times when we get as much as 15 inches at once. We usually have at least 6 inches on the ground at once each winter, or even spring like this year(we had 14 1/2 inches over our spring break.

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
I have the 4/5 belltech drop on my SS, actually it's closer to a flat 5 but I clear speed bumps fine and I have the Street Scene valance, just gotta go slow. It looks bad a$$ alot better than the stock 2" drop.

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
my front valance is about 4 inches off the ground, I don't know how it would sit with the stock valance. Maybe u should just get bags so u can pick your ride height? :) Just a suggestion, doubt the parents would EVER go for that!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think a 2/3 drop would be fine and not hit any, i would go with more drop but here in inndiana there are a lot of country roads that arent kept up real well. How much does a decent set of bags cost, all parts included?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I gotta go with mom on this one, I know Im gonna get bashed but I hafta say I like the look when its stock height but hey thats just me......

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
94 and 95 SS have the SS suspension, but they do not have the 1.5" drop. i think you should drop it. screw the damn snow :)

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
yeh screw the snow drop it.....i have been consifering my drop and am def going 4/5.....slow and low baby....snow shmoe ...i live in Pa and it is all good...i think you should go 4/5 you will like it better in the end......:boobies:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts