S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"I Like Mine With No Shine"
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyoe runnin Nitrous, Did you build your motors up to manke them stronger to withstand the heat and power from the nitrous, or are they just stock? Also whiat kind of shot are you runnin and how much power increase do you get from it?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't know what your engine can do, but the 4.3 can consisntently take a 100 shot with stock internals. I'm guessing your engine could consistently take a 50-75 shot. Just don't but the Zex kit. It is extremely inaccurate.

Josh

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
You don't actually Get the Rated HP!! Its something like half the pill rated size reaches the ground, I know you lose some somewhere, but I forgot what you're actually getting if you use a 50 shot......but whatever you use, you're still gonna go far

And 50 is the biggest one I've heard you should use on stock internals, I asked someone from nitrous warehouse...they said the engine wouldn't stand up to long to 75

Caleb

·
Registered
1 Posts
nitrous

I run a 150 hp nos on my truck,its actually one side of a pro race fogger and its direct ported into my intake,it can be jetted for 75 to 150 on the solenoids.it has .30 over je/srp pistons, manley 4340 steel rods.1.6 roller tip rockers,comp cams custom profiled cam,digital 6 ignition,w/soft toch rev control,jet chip,header,flowmaster with 2 1/2'' stainless exhaust,nos fuel pump,oil and fuel pressure safety switches,4l60e auto w/billet servo,and transgo shift kit and 2400 stall,custom built aluminum driveshaft,with a richmond 3.73 inside a 94 ss rearend.in the future i would like to get away from nitrous and into turbo hks is supposed to be in the works on one but so far nothing yet:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts