S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a sub and an amp and was just wondering what you guys thought? Lets say I have roughly $300...

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
no box? 12" sub 10" sub.... give us some facts bro!

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
www.crutchfield.com

12" mtx 4500, $99

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KUu2QNwlaby/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=236T4512

12" sealed 1.25 cubics box, $94

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-KUu2QNwlaby/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=842&I=044H1212SE&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

subtract 20 for discount.. $173

that leaves. $127 for an amp

Profile California CA400M mono $119

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-KUu2QNwlaby/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=130&I=489CA400M&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

total of..... $292 - my $20 discount i'll give you.. + free shipping..

$272

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Haha, yea wiring is a pain in the ass..for those of use who arn't like pro installers it hard to hide everything and make it look 'factory'!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a kicker 10 solobaric (round one) and a MTX 2150 I'll sell you for less than 300...that'll give you some money for a cd player! Amp pushs nearly 500 watts, and the sub is in good shape...It'll bump, thats for sure. Let me know.

Ron

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
SLAMnoma95 said:
i went all xplod....many people on here will hate on it bad, but i got it to prove to them its not as shitty as they make it out to be.
Either way you look at it sony is shitty, no if's about it.

The Adire shiva would be the way to go for a budget system, with an amp pushing around 300 watts would be decent.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
FYI, the Sony P5 subs bump hard for being cheap... AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE SONY! You can get a Scosche 4 gauge wiring kit for $25 from Walmart. Well, at least you can in INDY. Personally I shop alot at the better flea markets. Try a few different ones and talk to the people that run the shop if they are knowledgable than it is usually alright to buy from them. My cousins just bought a Type R comp set for $200 and a MTX 502 amp for $230. More expensive than a few places, but cheaper than most and you get to see the product firsthand. The store owner of one of my two fave shops offered me a 12" MTX Thunder8000 dvc sub for $90. Shop around until you think you've found good deals and then report back to us! Good luck!

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
sony, if it didnt look so cheap and like a starter system, might be ok...i really dont like any of their car stuff, but they're almost as good as bose when its home stereo's. an MTX 6000 10" from CC cost's about 89 withthe waranty plan, and for a mid-level 10", kicks hard. im trying to get rid of mine now, going elemental (bigger, beefier, louder subs). but shop around, some places might have a sale going, ect ect

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
YZF450Rider i have e-mailed and pmed you countless times. You sent me broken clear corners. i would like to talk to you. please pm me or unblock my screen name

1 - 20 of 28 Posts