S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i need to know what size front tire will i need to lay out i pulled the wheel wells out in the front i have 2 inch drop spindles and re6's with sd cups i dont wanna cut the inner fender out so what size rubber can i use to lay out on a 15 inch rim i have 205 75 15 and i am about 2 inches from laying out because i am sitting on the inner fender and i have stock lca's any help would be great

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay if i only run it on the front the speedo wont be off at all but this tire will allow me to completely lay out definetly i dont wanna buy a tire that wont allow me to lay out i am strapped for cash after this build up so i cant waste any money

·
62 Impala member
630 Posts
youll most likely set an abs code cuz the front tires will be spinning way faster than the rear it wont cause any problems other than no abs and the light will be on

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no abs here so im good but will i be able to lay out and if i can will i have the clearance on the inner fender not wheel well to roll this low

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no the wheel well is the metal tub attached to the fender then the inner fender would be the inside skeleton of the fender or the lip so no a wheel well is not the same as the inner fender and yes the wheel well does sit lower then the fender

·
Registered
373 Posts
just take em out and buy 205/60-15's I am laid out with 205/60's at all four corners without a hole in the bed and just the bolt in 2.5" C-notch....been driving mine daily for almost 6 months in the pouring rain and have had no trouble at all

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the bed is cut i dont care about that i have the 5 link installed already i just dont wanna butch my front fenders till winter when i do my body drop i just want my front laid out with out hacking up the fender i just need a def tire size so i can go get them

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
205/50/15

There you go. That is a definate answer as to what size tire will lay without hacking up the front inner fenders. Now get to it. And take pics when you lay.

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
Is the 205/50/15 the biggest tire u can run without hackin the front fenders. Ill be ridin to AZ in a month and i want some tires wit some meat. BUT i want to be able to lay out and take some pics without havin to take my rims on and off in the desert to get some cool pics lol.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
i have some 195/50/15's on the front of mine right now and it definately lays with room to spare

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Low99Sonoma said:
Is the 205/50/15 the biggest tire u can run without hackin the front fenders. Ill be ridin to AZ in a month and i want some tires wit some meat. BUT i want to be able to lay out and take some pics without havin to take my rims on and off in the desert to get some cool pics lol.
You may be ok with 225/50/15's. My first gen layed with them on but I couldn't get my hand in to see if they were touching the inner fenders or not, so yeah, they'll lay, but I'm not sure how hard. I've also heard 205/60/15's will work but I don't know about that for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts