S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just done a 2/3 drop on my X and i want to know how to stop the rubbing of the tires on my fender flares. I was thinking about just grinding down the flares because the tires are already starting too. Also sometime they hit in the well when i go over big dips in the road. Any Good Tips????:racing:

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
I just let my tires take care of the flares. After a couple weeks of normal driving, they get to be about the right size. If you reach up in there, you can pull chunks of melted plastic off the flares.

As for the hittin the wells, get used to it. It only happens a couple times a week to me, and I drive quite a bit.

:whogives:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
you can take a dremmel and radius cut the fender lip . If your still on stock rims/tires you could just let the tire rub it away. thats what i did.

·
676 Posts
just take a dremmel or i used a disk sander, and grid them down. You don't have to take off much only like a 1/4 inch. I wouldn't let your tire wear them down, it will leave a grove in your tire and look like sh!t. As for the tires hittin the wells about the only thing to do is get lower profile tires.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
YellowXtreme said:
just take a dremmel or i used a disk sander, and grid them down. You don't have to take off much only like a 1/4 inch. I wouldn't let your tire wear them down, it will leave a grove in your tire and look like sh!t. As for the tires hittin the wells about the only thing to do is get lower profile tires.
mine did not leave a groove in my tires.

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
i have the 2/3 drop on my X and stock rims....i dont notice any rubbing whatsoever, i mean i am no mechanic or anything, but i am not too stupid to notice tires rubbing on my wheel wells, i think i would hear that...and i dont notice any grooves in my tires either....sometimes at full lock i hear a little "pop" noise but just for a second...i think its just the tires being pushed across the pavement for a sec. anyway

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
XonAir said:
mine did not leave a groove in my tires.
Mine either....:dunno:

I got a few marks, but they rubbed right off. Thats it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i heard that if you grind out the fender lip on the outside, that the fender will start to buckle due to lack of support...

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
I don't have an X

YellowXtreme .....anypics of your truck anywhere besides your sig?

·
Registered
407 Posts
mine rubbed a little... as said above... if you reach your hand up in there you can pull of shreds of melted plastic where the tire rubbed... i'm rollin on the factory x wheels and i just let them rub it away no damage to the tires... i wouldn't suggest doing it with after market wheels/tires.. to be safe, just grind it down about 1/4 as said above... shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts