S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal, I have a red 01 X that i have dropped 2 more inches in the front and 3 inches in the back and have done some body, engine/exhaust and interior mods but I'm still rolling on the factory wheels & tires.It's time for new rollers!These are the 2 best deals i can get in my area so far............17x8 Boyd Timeless
with p255/45/17's for around $1700 or 18x8 Eagle 212's with 235/40/18's for around $1675. I kinda like a 5 spoke design myself but am open to anything.Do either of these sound like good deals?....would they look o.k. Am open to your suggestions, comments,pic's etc. thanks for any help

01 X-Fanatic
:headbang:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ugh 1700 for 17" timeless seem alot.....i dunno this company but they quoted me 1940 for 18x8 225/45/18 front and 18x9.5 275/40/18 rear.....thats from exotic wheel and tire 1-866-394-3359...i talked to paul..i didnt ask what kinda tires they were putting on (i should have) so they might be a cheap brand...but those tire sizes arent really made by cheap tire company's cept maybe continental and they're not that bad i guess...i dunno but you might get a lil rubbing with 255/45/17 on the x but i'm not sure....but boyd is supposedly alot better wheel then eagle so you might want to take that into consideration....but to answer your question i like the timeless over the 212's.....

·
32,797 Posts
17x8 Boyd Timeless with p255/45/17's for around $1700
Thats too much.
It should cost about $1100-12000.

Give this place a try:
PerfomanceTirePlus
I go to the Carson store, it's near my house. They always got me really low prices and the guys do know their stuff, they're really knowledgable about rims/tires. Call them and talk to the guys to get a good price.

They also run ads in all the magazines, I just saw the new one in Truck'in, they have 20" Centerlines w/tires for $1500 and other deals.

I got the 17" Centerline rims on the Blazer for $170 each and the tire are 17" Toyo Proxes for $110 each. I remember he offered me 17" Generals for under $100 each, but I went with the Toyos because they have a better more aggresive thread.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks For the Imput

Well I talked to Paul at Performance Tire and he seemed pretty cool. Think I'm gonna go with the Boyd Smoothie 2'sb-cause #1 there is no 4-6 week wait(I hate waiting) and I should have my tire &wheels by the weekend #2 I like 5 spoke designs #3 my truck isn't my daily driver so the rims should last if i don't get stupid and #4 it sounds like and is the best deal ive found yet..............around $1300, tires, rims ,lugs, stems mounted & balanced and shipped to Mich.

Thanks for the help...l8tr

01 X-Fanatic

:thumbup:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
umm that will rub really bad in front
you need 17x8 with 4.5 bs all around 245 45 17

orrr 17x8 front 4.5 bs 245 45 17 and rear 17x9.5 with 275 40 17 and 5.5 bs

the rims for 17x8 all around with lugs are 900 shipped tires are 420
for 17x9.5 and 17x8 are 950 shipped with lugs and tires are 450. get back to me if your interested this is all bran new stuff.

blaster 5s look good also
here is my fiances blazer x on blaster 5s
www.geocities.com/stefannys01blazer

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheels & Tires

Tony, so your saying you can get me Timeless 5's in 17x8 &17x9.5 with tires for $1400 ? And does that include mounting, balancing, lug nuts etc. and shipping ? And you have these in stock? Let me know cause I'm ready to buy.And oh yeah...sorry for all the questions.

01 X-Fanatic

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
pxl has 255/45/17's but now i think about it he doesnt have the same drop so that would rub real bad....i dunno who your gonna order from but if u get it from that place i told u about tell me how it works out....i dunno much about those guys i think thats where "grant" got his timeless's from

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanxs for all the help

Tony, I couldn't get a hold of your bud to check on ordering those wheels b-cause they said he wasn't working today and i just can't wait any longer (i think i'm driving the little lady nuts on all this wheel **** he he he) but thanks for all the help:bowdown: CynicX i ordered a package deal from Exotic Tire and it seems like a pretty cool deal,should have em buy the weekend so i'll let you know later whats up with em and try to post some pics. Thanxs again for all the help guys.

l8tr 01 X-Fanatic

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well did u get em?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wheels

Yeah,I got the wheels & Tires and they look bad ass. I'd post some pics but for some reason i can't attach pics to the forum but i can e-mail them . If you want to check em out or post them for me send me your e-mail address,and thanks again for the tip on
Exotic Customs I had no problems and am happy with the whole deal.

Thanxs Again and L8tr,

01 X-Fanatic :headbang:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.