S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 GMC Sonoma 2.2 stock 15’ rims aluminum I was thinking about putting 275/60/15 on there would it slow me down? What do some you guys use thanks for any feedback.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
A 250/60-15 or a 270/55-15 would keep your speedo reading corectly.

·
littleX10
70 Posts
Where did you get your research info rhenry? I thought if you change tire size by more than 1 to smaller or larger. The speedo needs recal, is this just a wivestale.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Reddi......it's all in the math! You can do it manually or I developed a crappy little spreadsheet that I use.

Here is the gist of it. The tire/rim combo that came on your truck have a circumference of X. As long as the tire/rim combo that you put on the truck has the same circumference (X) you don't have to change anything.

If ya want a copy of the spreadsheet (cause all that math can be a bit boaring!) I can send you one via e-mail....just e-mail me and and remind me that you want the tire size spreadsheet. I'll share!

And anyone else that wants the spreadsheet just e-mail me....or if ya want me to post an example of the math I'd be glad to do it...unlike the written word, math and me are on a first name basis!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the feedback just picked up some cooper cobra gt's 225/70/15 i like them a lot handle and ride so much better

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
goto s-series.org they have a calc...

reddi - the height changes as the width changes.....ex a 285/45/16 has almost the same diameter of a 235/55/16....because the series tire is in ration with the width....and keeping the same diameter will keep the speedo the same.....but even so a inch difference is like 1mph for every 50 mph your doing.......check out s-series.org they have some good calc....maybe the admin should look into the calcs for this page....

·
littleX10
70 Posts
OK guys I just looked in the mirror. And on my chin it said insert foot. Sorry to doubt you rhenry I was drinking at the time and Coors had taken over the keypad. Thanks for the great info and advice here all!

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Any time......and I'd say that now you are as smart as me but I don't think you'd like to lower you IQ down to my level! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts