S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Xtreme
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 xtreme, i want to get rid of the goodyears on it and replace them with a tire that has a smaller side wall, but i dont want to sacrifice anything on the width of the tire. I was looking at bfgoodrich t/a kdw, 245/45/16. the original goodyears were 235/55/16, i know a 45 sidewall is smaller, but is the width of the tire any smaller. please help, the goodyears are bald need some new ones!!! :dunno:

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
have you looked at the prices, just go with the 245/50HR16 in the same tire. it is much creaper.
I bought some 275X35 18 tires for my s-10 and I am very pleased with the handling, but they were $255 a piece from tire rack (NTB wanted over 400 a piece. Tire rack took 24 hours and they were at my door for $30 in shipping)and they are not going to last long. I am about ready to get another car to drive and park my s-10 because it is getting too nice to deliver pizza in.

·
Xtreme
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will the 245/50/16 have a smaller sidewall than the stock goodyears on an X, and tirerack didnt have that series listed in stock, the 245/45/16 were only $126, thats dam cheap. do u like ur potenza s-03's, they are a little bit too salty for my blood, how is the tread wear on those?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well a 245/50 has a section height of 4.8 inches where the stocks 235/55 are 5.1 inches....not a real big difference but the 245/50 are wider and lowered profiled......check this page out it will probably really help ya out....its helped me a ton

http://www.s-series.org/htm/calc/tiresizeconv.htm

·
Xtreme
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, great link thanks for the help!!!

·
Xtreme
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is section width the total width of the tire, and is section height the size of the sidewall??!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts