S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Norweign Nightmare
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a totally retarded section of the globe! :(

I went to the only Boyd dealer in the area today and priced a set of timeless 5 rims. First he told me they were $1195 a set plus mounting. So I showed him a Minitruckin' magazine and he aggree to match the price.

Then we were talking about backspacing and a 1st gen s-10 and he told me they wouldn't fit in 17"

Can someone tell me what backspacing a 17" timeless needs to be to fit on my truck?

I am planning on running around a 215/40-17 tire.

Thanks for the help

Eric

·
Norweign Nightmare
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going today

I live in a rural part of the state there are only 2-3 shops that handle wheels around here. That was the only one that handles the boyd wheels.

Probably have to order them online and have them mounted here.

Anybody know of a good knowledgeable web-dealer?

·
32,797 Posts
Re: Going today

Sven said:

Probably have to order them online and have them mounted here.

If you're ordering rims & tires, they will come mounted already.
All you gotta do is put them on the truck.

·
Norweign Nightmare
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 96blazer

That wold probably be he best thing I could do. Do you have any experience with an on-line dealer?

Eric

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
IF you are running a 215 40 17 then you dont need a 8 inch rim will be to wide. get the 17x7 with 4 inch bs. the rims are 920 shippped from 1.559 441 0544

talk to adolph

rims are like 216.69 each for that size plus shipping

·
32,797 Posts
Re: Thanks 96blazer

Sven said:
That wold probably be he best thing I could do. Do you have any experience with an on-line dealer?

Eric
No.

Fortunitly I live in S.Cali. There's rim/tire shops on every other corner out here. I would say, 1 out of every 5 has a experienced staff that know their stuff.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i used to work at costco they are nation wide and for the price you get the tires from tire rack they have them there installted with warranty.

your tires depending on what bran you go with can be anywhere from 500 installed to 680 installed. e mail me if you need any more info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts