S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I’ve be scouring this page for information but figured maybe I could start a thread for some answers to help me out. I have a stock ZR2 2005, I got myself a set of BFG KM3s, 32x11.5 with a set of AR wheels, 15x8 with a 3.75 backspace. Obviously by the picture you can see they do not fit without considerable hacking. I’ve seen guys fit 33s on the trucks without it being a slice party, and I was curious what my best route would be. Shops I’ve gone to haven’t given me straight answers. Do I do the RC 2.5 lift (which would only be about 1.5 on the zr2 suspension) with 2in shackles and a tbar crank of 1.5 to 2 in? Or is just a 3in body lift the best option to go? Like I said I’m trying to avoid too much in terms of a hack job, minor trimming I’ll be fine with. If anyone has any knowledge of this situation please send my way! Thanks guys and gals.

·
Been there Done it
12,474 Posts
The wheels are a big part of the problem. Unfortunately there aren't many options that have the correct offset.
I'm running 31-10.50's on a stock 4wd pickup with only minimal rubbing with factory 51mm offset ZR5 wheels. They only rub at full lock over bumps, when I'm moving slow enough that no harm is done.
Your wheels have 19mm negative offset if the backspacing is 3.75 ". That's 70mm or 2-3/4" from where the factory put the wheel mounting surface on you oem wheels.
If you had closer to original offset you could probably get by with some minor trimming of the ends of the flares. You'd lose the poke, tho.
IIRC ARE has their Outlaw II's in black but only in 7", which has been done many times with 32x11.5 with no ill effects. I'm sure some one will disagree.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
To start you need right offset wheels. Ion makes one. That is correct. Then a 3” body lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts