S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first started to work on cars, all you had to do to your turbo400 was a valve body kit and that slushy auto would shift hard enough to bark the tires from 1-2. Is there anyway to get that kind of shift firmness out of the current generation of GM transmissions without opening the pan up. Any help would be appreciated

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i used the B&M Shift Improver Plus. it is all electronic. two wires are spliced into the ECM wiring harnes. it lets you choose between stock, performance 1, and performance 2. 1 is solid shifts and 2 is hard shifts, like a shift kit has been installed. i got mine at Kragens for 40 bucks and had it installed in 15 minutes. it has a toggle switch you can mount in the cab too.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:
i used the B&M Shift Improver Plus. it is all electronic. two wires are spliced into the ECM wiring harnes. it lets you choose between stock, performance 1, and performance 2. 1 is solid shifts and 2 is hard shifts, like a shift kit has been installed. i got mine at Kragens for 40 bucks and had it installed in 15 minutes. it has a toggle switch you can mount in the cab too.
Did it work? Reduce times at all?

·
S10 2 N V
29 Posts
Barkin' 1-2 and 2-3

In order to truly get that hard rock solid shift and to smash yourself into that next gear ... Yu are going to have to have a valave body job done .... you have a 4L60E which is a great transmission. Thats what I have and I constantly race it ... heres my tip to you get a Level 2 Shift Kit and if u like that but want a little more put in a higher torque converter .... try out www.converter.com or converters.com .. cant remember which one ... but they have some nasty stuff in here ... converters and shift kits .... if your lookin to smoke your tires in second gear u can do it here ..:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts