S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing of everyone tinting the rear tails and i was wondering how to do that and help will be nice!

·
Registered
697 Posts
VHT night shade. its spray on tint.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Summit sells it. a little expensive though. I paid $8 for mine. I talked to Van's auto parts here in town and I gave them the part number and they order 6 cans. a couple of days later there was only 1 can left. I bought 2 cans. they ordered more. :D

·
Drivin' 2 Noma's
4,274 Posts
VHT night shades doesn't stay sitcky? It dries fairly quick. I've got three coats on my tails, and the lights still shine through very bright. The only pic I have right now is in my sig.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i have a friend that put it on his lights but he clearcoated his. he said that rubbing alcohol will take it off if you mess up, but it always gives people a reason to mess with your car intentionally. he said to play it safe and clearcoat it that but its not really needed.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'll get better pictures tomorrow during the day. just got done earlier tonight. hopefully no one steals them before tomorrow. taped lights off with masking tape, drew flames with marker on tape, used exacto blade to cut away excess tape, 4 light coats but should have done more, no clearcoat, and 1 1/2 hour drying period in front of space heater.

too much reflection.

·
Registered
697 Posts
finished product. i know the reverse light throws it off but i like seeing who i'm backing into.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks.
next I have to get a rollpan and ditch the bumper.

·
295 Posts
B'BallZ said:
Thanks.
next I have to get a rollpan and ditch the bumper.
I gotta' stock GM rollpan for ya', PM me if you're interested.

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
How much you asking? for the rollpan

·
Registered
279 Posts
for the taillights you can have a body shop scuff them with a grey scuff pad and tint some clear black and spray them. its very durable and very shiny. i'm a painter and have done about 50 sets in the past 4 years. and they still look good. might be a bit more money than that VHT stuff. but way worth it. the niteshades stuff that i've seen dries a bit dull. but hey, to each his own. peace.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Thats because you need to clear them. I wetsanded in between the coats of Niteshades, then cleared them about 3 times with wetsanding in between coates. Then I buffed them out & waxed them.They look like a nice factory piece now. Before I had a chance to clear them, they were a flat color. They have a real nice tint to them, but you can see them well at night so I never get messed with! The crappy thing is the cost of shipping from Summit brings it up to like $22, so its better to get another can because the shipping stays the same. I would consider a nice set of Altezza's for trade, or a mint stock pair & some $$ for trade. Let me know if interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts