S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna tint my windows on friday evening. i know you are SUPPOSED to leave the windows up for 3 days. is there anyway to help speed up the dryin process?

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
i left mine up for 4 weeks, cause i got them tinted in the winter time, but also just to make sure they were not gonna mess up on me. i wouldnt speed up the dryin time..do what the shop says to do

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I got mine tinted two fridays ago, they are about to be able to be rolled down, but I still see a few bubbles, so I am probably going to wait until maybe next monday. I normally wait 7-10 days, depending on how it looks, but I usually do it in the summer time. My friend got his done 3 days before mine, and he rolled his down for the first time on monday, but his didn't have any bubbles left. Mine still has a fairly large one, and a little one next to it, but the little one is almost gone, and the big one is getting smaller. I was always told to wait 5 days, but I don't want to chance it.

DogP

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
man i waited about a hour before i rolled mine down. I didn't have a problem just be carefull when you do, you'll be able to see if anything if gettin fu-cked up. My Tint is perfect still to this day, about a year later but it will soon be darker!

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Honestly I would wait for longer than they say to. I rolled mine down after 2 days(this was in the summer too) and the tint was trying to stick to the door panels and ended up with tiny bubbles. :thumbup:

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i was afraid of. it will make paying toll on the way back to school interesting........

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
can u open the door and have enough room to toss in the coins?? that what i had to do with a car i had onetime,when the window didnt roll down

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
If you really wanna be able to roll your windows down right when you get them tinted, take your door panels off first. :D

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
danteisme said:
thats what i was afraid of. it will make paying toll on the way back to school interesting........
Yeah, it'd also be funny if you got pulled over.

"No officer, I can't roll down my window because my illegal tint hasn't set yet." Hehe :D

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zYgoTe said:

Yeah, it'd also be funny if you got pulled over.

"No officer, I can't roll down my window because my illegal tint hasn't set yet." Hehe :D
lol, yea, i can see that going over real well. but, i guess i'll have to go thru the toll with the door open. we will see how that goes, i had to do that once before when the power window motor went out in my beretta, and that sucked cuz those doors are a good bit larger than the s10 doors.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah... right now I am still opening my door to use the atm and anything else. I am really freaked about getting pulled over since I don't want to roll my windows down, and what really scared me was right as I pulled out of the place I got it done at, I stopped at the traffic light, and a cop pulled up next to me and did a full turn around looking over his shoulder at me. What scared me was I had looked at him at the same moment he looked at me, and we made eye contact, but then luckily he pulled away.

DogP

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i do my own, but my friend works at a performance/accesory type store...for cars they charge $200 for all the windows, so prolly a little less than that.

L

·
0 Posts
If u wanna speed it up, try opening ur moonroof ( if u have one ) and turn ur heat on full damn blast pointed towards em, mine dry'd fine in 2 days..

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
Here in Canada it costs about $150 to tint an S10 all around, that's about $100 US....probably less if you shop around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts