S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the back three window's at 5% and the side windows at 35%. My question is....

Can you put tint over factory tinted glass? If so what percentage can you use? The guy at the tint shop told me that if I put tint over top of the factory tinted glass I would not be able to see out. Is this true? What % of tint do you have?

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
i was told the same thing.....if you put 5% over the factory tint you would not be able to see out the window....i dind't think to ask what ya would need cuz he pissed me off so i left.....so i would also like to know what tint could go over the factory tint and have bout a 5%-10%

·
Registered
444 Posts
One thing I could suggest is get a sample of different tint percentages and try them out. I was thinking of doing the same thing to my back windows. I know of a place here that will maybe give me some small scraps for samples. I've been putting it off because it's so damn cold here and I can't even get the temp up in my garage long enough with going in and out all the time.

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
When I bought my 95 s-10 in 97 it had factory tint with the 5% over it. it was cool as hell. at night i had to roll down the window sometimes to see if the was a car next to mine, but during the day it was great sun potection !!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my Jimmy tinted all around. I put 20% on top of the 20% everywhere and 5% on the fronts where they wernt tinted at all. It looks really even and durring the day theyre amazing but at night you can barely see **** out the back. The guy at the shop told me that it was about 2%. Either way I cant see much at night.. unless it has a light on it.. i dont see it. And when theyre that dark the cops are gonna get you. I got my tint ticket the first day I got them. Cops suck. Later

·
Registered
16 Posts
double 5%

I had 5% done on my back window then a couple months later I had another 5% put over it. at first it was a little darker than now but at night I gotta stick my head out the window to back up. but daytime is fine, kindahave to adjust. the tint is fine though its not comin off or nothin. I don't see why you couldnt do this to factory tint. take a couple samples of different % tint and over lap em to see how dark you wanna go , worked for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts