S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if the cam gear and the balancer gear are dot to dot. and the cam sprocket and crank sprocket are dot to dot. is that tdc on the compression stroke??

i had my truck all put back together that far but now im guestioning it cause i have a habbit of double or triple checking .. also i put my finger over the #1 plug and waited till i felt air blowing out... then i finished that stroke till the crank sprocket dot was at 12oclock. but then i was 180 out on everything.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
Sometimes you will feel 2 puffs of air coming out of the plug hole. The long one is the compression stroke. You can also look at your valves. After the intake closes, the piston will come up, and that is compression.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
correct me if im wrong but doesnt the cam position make the difference of wether its tdc compression or not? so if the sprocket dots are lined up it should be tdc comp.? cause there is only one way for the cam sprocket to go and also the crank sprocket cause of the keyways.?

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
B01s10 said:
correct me if im wrong but doesnt the cam position make the difference of wether its tdc compression or not? so if the sprocket dots are lined up it should be tdc comp.? cause there is only one way for the cam sprocket to go and also the crank sprocket cause of the keyways.?
Exactly, lining up the dots will do it.

If the cover is on you have to resort to other ways of figuring it out though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i was just being stupid.....thank u

1 - 5 of 5 Posts